GiveBIG to TeenTix and Help Keep Art Affordable and Accessible to Teenagers
By TeenTix | May 11, 2013 | 8:40 pm
Hey you! Yes YOU.
Do you care about keeping art affordable and accessible to teenagers? If so, we need your help this Wednesday, May 15th.
This Wednesday, May 15th, is GiveBIG. What's GiveBIG? It's a once-a-year, online, charitable giving party hosted by the Seattle Foundation. Tons of local non-profits participate in it. This year, for the first time, TeenTix is one of them.
Every donation made to TeenTix online on May 15th will instantly grow, because the Seattle Foundation provides a "stretch pool" of extra money that they slap on to each donation. So, for example, your $10 donation could become $12. It might not sound like much, but every little bit counts. PLUS, every donation is entered into an hourly drawing for a Golden Ticket. If you win the Golden Ticket, TeenTix gets an extra $1,000, and you get a $100 gift card. Woo hoo!
Here's what we need you to do:
- Donate to TeenTix between midnight and 11:59 PM on May 15th using this link: bit.ly/GiveBIGtoTeenTix -- remember, every little bit counts. Your $10 donation could turn into $1,010 if you win the Golden Ticket!
- Tell your friends that you donated, and ask them to do the same.
- Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter to join in the fun and get updates on how it's going, all day long!
Here's exactly what we'll do with your money:
- Keep making it possible for teenagers to buy $5, day-of-show tickets at the best Seattle-area arts organizations
- Keep adding new partners, so you can go to even more places for $5
- Keep giving teen writers the opportunity to cover arts events around town and to learn about arts criticism from professional journalists through the TeenTix Press Corps
- Keep providing arts leadership training through the TeenTix Steering Committee
- Keep providing the best, teen-friendliest portal to arts information ANYWHERE: teentix.org
- Keep listening to teens and working to make the arts more accessible to young audiences forever and ever until the end of time
From the bottom of our hearts, we thank you for your support, and for being a part of the TeenTix community, all day, every day.
Holly, Pete, and Leah (aka Team TeenTix)