About From Home to Home: Northwest Folklife Festival
Northwest Folklife believes that promoting our arts, culture, and heritage is paramount in nourishing our lives. Amidst these times of uncertainty, we heard the need for a space to connect during these digitally-driven circumstances. As such, in line with our mission to continue to serve our community, we have created a virtual platform where we can collectively showcase our folklife, right from our homes.
Presented by Seattle Cancer Care Alliance, From Home to Home: Northwest Folklife Festival will take place online May 23-25, 2020 at nwfolklifestreaming.org. Created in partnership with Seattle Center, From Home to Home: Northwest Folklife Festival is a virtual festival that features multiple program channels and a virtual marketplace that will bring together local culture bearers, artists, creatives, sponsors, and merchants all on one platform.
The full program includes:
- Livestream Channels of music, participatory dance, and workshops
- On-Demand Streaming Channel featuring an exploration of music, dance, storytelling, and more
- Family Fun Channel featuring pre-recorded performance videos and engaging hands-on activities
- Living Legacies Channel featuring storytelling and panel discussions that pass on tradition and culture
- Festival Artist Directory highlighting the 600+ artists initially slated to perform at the Northwest Folklife Festival
- Virtual Marketplace highlighting local merchants with online purchasing options
Launching with From Home to Home: Northwest Folklife Festival, this new larger virtual platform will host all of Northwest Folklife’s programs and will continue to provide a space for our collective voice, arts, and traditions to be shared and celebrated.