CHOP SHOP: Bodies of Work is back in January & February 2021, bringing you our signature sampling of stellar contemporary dance in a new and expanded online format!
The centerpiece of the 2021 online festival is a series of seven world premiere dance films created by leading local and national artists. Drawn from diverse backgrounds and possessing strong individual voices, the artists are united through the language of dance and its power to stir the senses. In 2021 CHOP SHOP proudly presents dance films by:
- Daniel Costa / Daniel Costa Dance (Seattle, WA)
- Eva Stone & Simone Elliott / Root Collective (Seattle, WA & Germany)
- Javier Padilla and The Movement Playground (New York City, NY)
- Lauren Horn//Subira Vs. Movement (Windsor, CT)
- Mark Haim (Seattle, WA)
- Nicole von Arx / NVA & Guests (Brooklyn, NY & Switzerland)
- Omar Román De Jesús / Boca Tuya (New York City, NY)
As a complement to the dance films, CHOP SHOP 2021 invites you to join us for no experience necessary dance classes, live Q&As with festival choreographers, master classes for experienced dancers, and an arts journalism intensive offered in partnership with our friends at TeenTix!
All our 2021 festival programming is offered on a free or pay-what-you-can sliding scale, with all proceeds shared by the festival artists.
We wish we could gather together in person to experience the work of these brilliant artists, but we're so excited to explore this new format with you - we'll see you at the online festival!