Documentary Inspired is for filmmakers with documentary projects at any stage of production – early or close to finished. The course will take you through core elements necessary to organize your production while connecting you to industry resources within a supportive learning environment with fellow makers. This course will support you in developing as a documentary producer and director as you dedicate space to your film project moving forward.
The following skills and topics will be covered:
- Planning productions and building creative teams
- Constructive feedback sessions for your current footage/edits (for those with footage)
- Social actors, legal contracts and ethics of approaches to documentary
- Grant resources, application form industry standards and articulating your film
- Production budgets, diversifying funding sources and fiscal sponsorship
- Distributing your film through festivals, broadcasting and community impact campaigns
- February 3, 6:30-8pm, 1.5 hrs
- February 10, 6:30-8pm, 1.5 hrs
- February 17, 6:30-8pm, 1.5 hrs
- February 24, 6:30-8pm, 1.5 hrs
- March 3, 6:30-9:30pm, 3 hrs
- March 10, 6:30-8pm, 1.5 hrs
Intermediate – This workshop is not intended to be an introduction to the form of documentary film, or provide training on technical aspects of gathering footage or editing. Filmmakers could be working on a first film, a short or feature, but need to know the story they are telling, and have access to their subject. Since each documentary project is different, this workshop will help students bring together the team and resources they need, craft story, and prepare to navigate the legal, ethical, financial, and community relationships of their film.
Online, via Zoom. All workshops will be live-captioned.
A computer or tablet which can access Zoom and shared Google Drive files.
**There is a required project questionnaire form each participant must fill out at checkout. This information helps us prepare the workshop for your needs. To preview the questions you can view this form.
Ages 17+. Anyone who has a documentary film project in any stage of production and is looking for support in moving to the film to the next phase. If you’re not sure if this workshop is right for your project, or you have an idea for a film but haven’t started pre-production yet, email [email protected] to get more info.
- Wed, Feb 3, 2021 All Day