**While NW Film Forum is hosting the festival and most films are screened there, NOT ALL ARE. Check the calendar to find the theater showing your film!**
Inspiring empathy, understanding, and a nuanced view of the world, the beloved annual festival for Seattle-area children and families celebrates its 14th edition with 146 fantastic films from 39 countries.
Festival Highlights Include:
- A sing-a-long screening of the 1979 classic The Muppet Movie on opening night!
- An exciting quartet of feature films including Liyana (Swaziland), Supa Modo (Kenya) Chuskit (India), and One Girl (United Kingdom, Romania, Finland & Italy) that all celebrate the resilience of strong girls
- Other features will include Tito and the Birds (Brazil), Wendy: Best Friends Forever (Germany), Mr. Moll and the Chocolate Factory (Switzerland) and My Giraffe (The Netherlands)
- An all Spanish-language program
- Indigenous Showcase screening of Kayak to Klemtu, presented in collaboration with Longhouse Media
- Japanese-language shorts presented in association with Tokyo’s KINEKO International Children’s Film Festival
- A live score by Miles & Karina for the world’s oldest surviving animated feature film, The Adventures of Prince Achmed (dir. Lotte Reiniger, 1926)
- Interactive installation in the lobby based on Lotte Reiniger’s magical silhouette animation
Like what you see? Check out the full calendar here!