We're seeking a Development Coordinator Intern!
TeenTix is seeking an enthusiastic self-starter with an interest in Development, Marketing, or Non-Profit Administration, to join the team as a Development Coordinator Intern!
This internship runs from March through May (3 months) and will require 15 - 20 hours per week. There is a monthly stipend available. See below for more info.
Download Job Description: 2020 TeenTix Development Internship
Position Summary: This internship supports the Development Manager in fundraising operational funds for TeenTix and plays a critical role in assisting with annual giving campaigns, donor relations, and data management. Although work will primarily be focused around annual giving, the Development intern will have the opportunity to learn about all aspects of development, including major giving, grant writing, events, and communications. Gain invaluable experience in the Development Field and serve TeenTix’s mission of empowering young people to take an active role in shaping their arts community as audience members, critics, influencers, advocates, patrons, and leaders.
- Complete database maintenance activities that include, but are not limited to: returned mail outreach, failed credit card outreach, donor account de-duping, and data auditing projects
- Research major giving prospects and assist with documenting cultivation
- Fundraising plan development - attend and participate in key team meetings and activities with Development Manager
- Prep and assist with mailing to send out thank you letters donor communications
- Donor Stewardship: communicate with donors efficiently and in a professional manner via email, phone, and in-person
- Assist with planning and implementing campaigns
- Assist with special donor stewardship activities and events, including Teen Nights as needed
- Draft and/or edit development communication materials, including social media posts, direct mail solicitations, and marketing emails
- Apply learned skills from internship towards a special project, with guidance from Development Manager
- Help with general tasks of the office; sending out passes and upkeep of our calendar when time allows
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and take initiative on projects
- Commitment to maintain a high degree of accuracy and confidentiality
- Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to juggle multiple projects at once
- Passion for and commitment to TeenTix’s mission
- Interest in Development, Marketing, or Non-Profit Administration
- Awareness of key fundraising concepts and best practices, including donor stewardship, major gift solicitation, communications, etc.
- Project management and campaign planning skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Interpersonal skills needed for collaboration within a team, as well as across departments
- Ability to prioritize work and problem solve
- Proficiency in TeenTix development tools, including CRM database, email marketing platform, and website maintenance
- Additional opportunity to pursue project or learn specific skill based on personal interest (with approval from Development Manager)
Interested candidates can send a resume and introductory statement (no more than 2 - 3 paragraphs) to [email protected]
The majority of work done through this internship will need to be at TeenTix’s Office located in the Seattle Center Armory (305 Harrison St. Seattle WA 98109) during office hours which are Monday - Friday 10am to 6pm.