Teen Editorial Staff Applications
Apply for the Teen Editorial Staff!
Applications for the Teen Editorial Staff are now open! The Teen Editorial Staff (TEDS) is a group of six teens who lead the TeenTix Newsroom. This group curates and edits the content for the review section of the TeenTix Blog. Teen Editors select which events are covered by the Newsroom, and interface with TeenTix’s Arts Partners to set up press tickets for each review. Teen Editorial Staff members are skilled writers, editors, and leaders, who keep the pulse of the TeenTix Press Corps and the Seattle arts scene.
More information about the Teen Editorial Staff position and how to apply below. Please read the 2023/2024 TEDS schedule and requirements thoroughly before applying!
- TeenTix Pass Holder between the age of 13-19. Don't have a TeenTix Pass yet? SIGN UP HERE.
- Has participated in the TeenTix Newsroom or a Press Corps Intensive
- Excellent work ethic, high level of personal accountability
- Interest in the arts, arts writing, and in promoting youth arts participation
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and deadlines at once
- Ability to work independently and take initiative on projects, great follow-through
- Proficiency with email communication, and capacity to check and respond to email frequently
- Interest in exploring other forms of arts journalism (podcasting, etc.)
- Editing skills
- Familiar with Google Suite or willingness and ability to learn quickly
- Welcoming personality: nice, friendly, open
- Strong leadership skills
2023/2024 TEDS Program Schedule
TEDS Meeting Dates
All meetings are on Thursdays, from 5-7 PM. Meetings will either be held virtually via Zoom or at the TeenTix office in the Seattle Center Armory Building.
September 7 and 21
October 5 and 19
November 2, 16, and 30
January 4 and 18, 2024
February 1 and 15
March 7 and 21
April 4 and 18
May 2, 16, and 30
Plus a mandatory Editorial Intensive the week of August 14th, tentatively August 13-15 (Sunday-Tuesday), 10-3 PM in-person meetings each day.
All Newsroom Meetings Dates
All Newsroom Meetings are on Sundays from 11 AM - 1 PM, Locations TBD.
September 17th, 2023
January 21st, 2024
April 28th, 2024
*Thursday TEDS Meetings and All Newsroom Meetings are mandatory to participate in this program.