Teen Editorial Staff Applications
Apply for the Teen Editorial Staff!
Applications for the Teen Editorial Staff are now open! The Teen Editorial Staff (TEDS) is a group of six teens who lead the TeenTix Newsroom. This group curates and edits the content for the review section of the TeenTix blog. Teen Editors select which events are covered by the Newsroom, and interface with TeenTix’s Arts Partners to set up press tickets for each review. Teen Editorial Staff members are skilled writers, editors, and leaders, who keep the pulse of the TeenTix Press Corps and the Seattle arts scene.
More information about the Teen Editorial Staff position and how to apply below. Please read the 2019/2020 TEDS schedule and requirements thoroughly before applying!
- TeenTix Pass Holder between the age of 13-19. Don't have a TeenTix Pass yet? SIGN UP HERE.
- Has participated in the TeenTix Newsroom or a Press Corps Intensive
- Excellent work ethic, high level of personal accountability
- Interest in the arts, arts writing, and in promoting youth arts participation
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and deadlines at once
- Ability to work independently and take initiative on projects, great follow-through
- Proficiency with email communication, and capacity to check and respond to email frequently
- Editing skills
- Familiar with Google Suite or willingness and ability to learn quickly
- Welcoming personality: nice, friendly, open
- Strong leadership skills
2019/2020 TEDS Program Schedule
TEDS Meeting Dates
All meetings are on Thursdays, from 5-7 PM at the TeenTix office at the Seattle Center
September 5 and 19
October 3 and 17
November 7 and 21
December 5 and 19
January 9 and 23, 2020
February 6 and 27
March 5 and 19
April 2 and 23
May 7 and 21
June 4 and 25
Monday-Wednesday, August 12-14
All Newsroom Meetings Dates
All Newsroom Meetings are on Saturdays from 11 AM - 1 PM, Locations TBD
*Thursday TEDS Meetings and All Newsroom Meetings are mandatory to participate in this program.