Teen Editorial Staff Applications
Apply for the Teen Editorial Staff!
Applications for the Teen Editorial Staff are now open! The Teen Editorial Staff (TEDS) is a group of six teens who lead the TeenTix Newsroom. This group curates and edits the content for the review section of the TeenTix blog. Teen Editors select which events are covered by the Newsroom, and interface with TeenTix’s Arts Partners to set up press tickets for each review. Teen Editorial Staff members are skilled writers, editors, and leaders, who keep the pulse of the TeenTix Press Corps and the Seattle arts scene.
More information about the Teen Editorial Staff position and how to apply below. Please read the 2020/2021 TEDS schedule and requirements thoroughly before applying!
- TeenTix Pass Holder between the age of 13-19. Don't have a TeenTix Pass yet? SIGN UP HERE.
- Has participated in the TeenTix Newsroom or a Press Corps Intensive
- Excellent work ethic, high level of personal accountability
- Interest in the arts, arts writing, and in promoting youth arts participation
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and deadlines at once
- Ability to work independently and take initiative on projects, great follow-through
- Proficiency with email communication, and capacity to check and respond to email frequently
- Editing skills
- Familiar with Google Suite or willingness and ability to learn quickly
- Welcoming personality: nice, friendly, open
- Strong leadership skills
2020/2021 TEDS Program Schedule
TEDS Meeting Dates
All meetings are on Thursdays, from 5-7 PM at the TeenTix office in the Seattle Center Armory Building
September 10 and 24
October 8 and 22
November 5 and 19
December 3 and 17
January 7 and 21, 2021
February 4 and 25
March 11 and 25
April 8 and 22
May 6 and 20
June 3 and 17
Week of August 17-21
Exact time and location to be determined
All Newsroom Meetings Dates
All Newsroom Meetings are on Saturdays from 11 AM - 1 PM, Locations TBD
*Thursday TEDS Meetings and All Newsroom Meetings are mandatory to participate in this program.