Skate Like A Girl
General Inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Skate Like a Girl is a nonprofit organization empowering individuals, especially young womxn, to become strong, confident leaders who promote and implement equity through the vehicle of skateboarding. We believe that skateboarding is a tool to build confidence, resilience, and foster an inclusive community. Our mission is to create an inclusive community by promoting confidence, leadership, and social justice through the sport of skateboarding. Founded 17 years ago, we currently operate chapters in Seattle, Portland and the San Francisco Bay Area.
THINGS YOU CAN DO
- Become a youth leader by joining our YES Program (all gender)- Help teach others how to skate!
- Take a skate lesson with your teentix discount at a Women & Trans Session
- Follow us on instagram for upcoming events, raffles, shop hangs and community skate sessions: @skatelikeagirlsea
- Come hang out with us at WOF - The largest skateboard showcase featuring women, trans, and gender non-conforming skaters of all ages and abilities from around the world.
- Attend a week of skate camp in Seattle- Queer & Trans (all ages and 40% off TeenTix discount available using the code TEENTIX40, GRRLZ Week (ages 5-17)
- Come to sleep away camp with us- YMCA Skate Camp at Sequoia Lake (ages 8-17)
- Need Financial Aid? We got you covered!
Stay up to date with Skate Like a Girl in real time by following them on Instagram!
Skate Like A Girl's vision is to "empower skaters, especially young women and trans people, to grow into strong, confident leaders who promote and implement social equity."
For more information about Skate Like A Girl's values, see here.
There are no upcoming events