- Dance your face off at Spectrum Dance Theatre! Ages 7 - 14 can apply for Rumpelstiltskin at Musical Theatre Camp or at Drama/Dance Camp's Trickster Tales from Around the World. Get your body movin' with these courses!
- If video production and media skills are your thang, give Reel Queer Youth of Three Dollar Bill Cinema a try. You and your classmates will take an idea from conception to production over a week's worth of intensive learning. Ages 13 - 20 welcome to apply, due June 30th. See more info here!
- Make a movie, make some friends! Summer Filmmaking Camps are a great way to brush up on your film-y skills. SIFF is offering 5 classes, 4 of which are for ages 10 - 13, and another for ages 12 - 16. Take a look here for all the deets you'll need to film up your summer!
-The Citizen Minutes Camp is perfect for teens interested in storytelling, journalism, and video production--especially on a mass level. Think big this summer at Northwest Film Forum and see what this class has to offer! For teens ages 13 - 17.
- Does creative writing light you up? Join Hugo House this summer for Scribes Writing Camps! There are several sessions for you to choose from, and opportunities for teens in 7th - 12th grades. Learn more about this program and get your application in while they're still open!
- Middle & High School students: check out WITS (Writers in the Summer) classes at Seattle Arts and Lectures and get your writing on! Poetry, fiction, and storytelling meet to give you a well-rounded approach to the art of writing. More info here!
Take a look-see at their list of courses and pick your fave(s). Grades 8 - 12 welcome to apply!
- Also at the EMP, take a look at this unique (and totally awesome) Hip-Hop Artist Residency. This paid internship is for young aspiring hip-hop artists who want to learn from the greats. You know, like Macklemore. Peep the deets for more on this opportunity!
- STG presents Songwriter's Lab, a short course for teens aged 14+. Not only will you learn songwriting tools from the pros, but you'll also get to perform at the Moore! Sound like your cup of tea? Check it outtt.
- Hold the phone... there are TONS of classes, camps, and workshops at Seattle Opera this summer! Vocal studio? Check. Backstage magic? Check. Teen Opera Players? You got it. And there's more! Check out their website for the full list of offerings.
- Participate in an all-ages cast in A Midsummer Night's Dream at Seattle Public Theatre this summer! This immersive process will acclimate you to working with a wide range of human-folk. And fairies. Auditions are May 8 - get a slot today!
- Speaking of Seattle Public Theatre, get a load of their other Youth Programs! There's a whole page 'o' plays for you to explore, from Shakespeare in the Park to SPT the Musical! See if one of them is the right fit!
- Camp Bill at Seattle Shakespeare Company is back for another summer! Classes at Camp Bill are for ages 8 - 18 (refer to specific listings) and are guided by professional actors and teaching artists. Those who take these courses will get hands on experience with voice and text work, scene study, Elizabethan dance, and stage combat. What are you waiting for? Sign up for Camp Bill today!
- As per usual, Seattle Children's Theatre is running the gamut of classes, workshops, and shows. For their camps and classes, you can get in on anything from acting to stage combat, stage makeup to improv. And their summer season looks pretty sweet, too! Classes range in age, so make sure to refer to specific listings.
- High school students are encouraged to apply for the Summer Study programs at UW Drama! Cosplay construction, theatre appreciation, beginning acting, and makeup are just a few of the courses offered. What's your passion? Sign up today!
- When Edmonds Center for the Arts & Seattle Shakes pair up, you know it's gonna be fun. Ages 11 - 15 are welcome to register for the Hamlet Acting & Combat Camp! You'll read scenes, duke it out, and bring it all together in a final performance. Sound fun? Get it!
- Want to learn technical theatre, audition techniques, or the art of comedy? Taproot Theatre's got you covered! Check out their myriad classes for grades 7 - 12 that range from stage combat to musical theatre and more!
- This particular course at Cornish College of the Arts is all about Building a Production. You'll see what it takes to make an original work from the ground up, while also seeing someone else's work and discussing the process on the regz. Ready, set, go!
- Visual art is: FASHION. Get fashionable with this course co-presented by Cornish and BAM where you can articulate your creative vision and make your own looks, with a focus on the artistic process and the professional world of fashion. Apply by June 30!
- Gage Teen Summer Programs are perfect for the Young Artist interested in drawing, painting, printmaking and sculpture. Work with Professional Teaching Artists to gain skills, meet other young artists and build an awesome portfolio! These classes will have you looking ~so legit~!
- Holy cow, y'all! Take a look at the ever-eclectic offerings that are the summer classes at Vera Project. Seriously, you can take anything from screenprinting to comic-making, live sound to DJ-ing. And that's only four out of SOOO MANY. Take a look at the complete list and apply now!!
- Improv: it's not *really* theatre, so we put it here. Unexpected Productions, our longtime beloved partner, is offering two paid classes this summer! The only difference between them is the time they take place. Here's the first Improv Camp, and here's the second one. They're also offering a FREE improv workshop on June 22!
- Is community a big part of your world? Are you interested in learning alongside non-profit leaders to improve the lives of your peers? Youth Empowerment Day at MOHAI is gonna be your jam! Everyone leaves having made a difference. Register for this day-long event now.
- You're gonna be the jack of all trades when you participate in Summer at Cornish! Cornish College of the Arts offers a wide, wide range of classes for youth, including pre-college courses that encourage fast-paced learning and improvement of skills. Interested? Watch the video and get registered!
You made it to the bottom! *high five* Have any questions or need to add/correct information? Email [email protected] and she'll take care of you. You can also always call TeenTix with questions or additions at 206.233.3959!