Calling Teen Artists and Writers!
How are the arts sustaining you in this unprecedented moment? We want to hear from you and feature your work!
We hope you’re staying safe and healthy during this uncertain time. With the COVID-19 pandemic and the social distancing measures put in place to protect public health, this is an unprecedented moment in history. We know that you may be spending a lot more time at home, and the arts are a great way to keep you grounded, and lift your spirits when times get tough. So we would love to hear how art is sustaining you right now. Whether you’re letting the creative juices flow and diving into your own art-making practice, reminiscing about a recent arts experience, or binge-ing On the Boards.TV, we want to hear from YOU. Young people are an integral part of the arts community, and by showcasing teen art and experiences we hope to show just how resilient the arts world is.
Here’s a few different ways for you to have your voice heard. Take our social media challenge and share your art or a favorite TeenTix memory. Or, sharpen your pencils/keyboards and try your hand at one of our writing prompts.
Social Media Challenge:
Tag us on Instagram, Twitter, or Facebook!
- Teen Artist Showcase: What kind of art are you creating during this time? Post any of your music, film, or visual or digital art on social media, using the tag #ArtLivesOnline, and tag us @TeenTix as well as a friend to do the same! We’ll repost to create a digital teen art gallery!
- Share the Love: What is your favorite TeenTix arts experience or memory? Tag @TeenTix in a photo of you visiting any of our Arts or Community Partners and a blurb about why you enjoyed your experience!
Send us your responses to any or all of the following prompts, and we'll feature submissions on the TeenTix blog.
- Get Creative: What is your social distancing or quarantine experience? Share a poem, story, or creative non-fiction about your experience during this time. 400 words maximum. Submit your Creative Writing response here!
- Think Piece: Respond to one or all of the following prompts with an editorial or opinion piece. 50-400 words maximum. Submit your Think Piece response here!
- How will this moment in time impact us culturally?
- How is art sustaining you through this time?
- What can teens do right now to stay involved with the arts and ensure that the arts community stay strong through this challenging time?
However you choose to process this moment, we're here for you. We would love to share your story.